Trees play a lot of important roles in society hence it is important to keep them well-maintained. Today, we will be sharing with you some tree trimming tips for homeowners that will help you care for and preserve the trees on your property. Knowing how to safely trim trees is a great way to not only keep you safe but also the people around you as well. It can also save costs from hiring a professional.
There are several reasons trees need trimming and one of those is the health of the tree. Lessening some parts of the tree can improve the flow of air, thus bringing in more oxygen. Another reason is safety since trees shed leaves and branches, it can come into contact with running cars and cause accidents. Lastly, being able to trim trees is a great way to keep them looking great and maintain their appearance and form.
Tips for Tree Trimming
Here are some helpful tree trimming tips for your home.
1. Only trim parts that are frail and damaged – Only remove those branches that cannot be retained as they cannot be saved and would only be more of a problem later on. These branches are the ones that have constricted angles and are v-shaped.
2. Do not trim too long or too short – Cutting too long or short can deal you with many problems that can leave your tree unable to properly recover. It can also affect how new branches grow and they might not even grow back at all.
3. Trim branches at their early stage – Trimming younger branches can help stimulate new growth and lessens the chances of leaving scars when you cut them. Trimming them earlier will also make them easier to handle.
4. Using the correct equipment – Using the right equipment is a great way to see that the branches you are tending to are trimmed. An improperly trimmed branch can result in pest infestations and infections.
5. Be diligent about the size of the branches – Only trim trees when needed, longer ones might not need trimming unless needed or if they are getting too weak. Even then, you should only trim those types when you have a good reason. A shorter branch is more ideal for cutting as they can surely recover again.
Contact Us for Tree Trimming in Lake Mary, FL
Although the above tree trimming tips for homeowners might have already given you a good idea about how trimming a tree should be done, it is still best to get assistance from a tree contractor for assistance. If you need tree trimming Lake Mary or if you require tree services in Debary, Deltona, Sanford, DeLand, and the surrounding areas, Duval and Son Services is the company to call. You may reach us at 386-717-4959 for a free quote.
Jeff is tree pro, bobcat pro, and more with 20+ years servicing Deltona, Sanford, Deland, Debary, Orange City, and all of the surrounding communities.